Wednesday 17 July 2024

Border Crossing and Podgorica Montenegro

 

Border Crossing X 2

Near the hostel. was it a prison?


The hostel was thankfully near the bus station. A mission to find in the rabbit warren of old streets. Sleazy and disorganised. I was pleased to have had a private school education where shared facilities and  common areas are the norm. 
Due to my age I was allocated a double bed which was comfortable enough. Kitchen and cooking facilities were good and there was a convenience store nearby.

Police State 
On arrival at the hostel my passport was checked. Then the tax man turned up to check it again and collect the bed tax. Arranging a wi-fi connection for the phone required production of  passport again, which was connected with the sim card details by the kiosk owner
    

Shop Window

                                                                Not all the town is old  


Park fence - Jewish influence? 




Old River Bridge

i was thinking earlier today how lucky i was not having had a fall for many years.
Walking along this riverbed I climbed an embankment into a private property. i fell down the embankment while trying to return to the riverbed. Retracing my steps I had gone the wrong way following Google maps while looking for the bridge. the bridge was right behind me when I started walking. No damage done    
 


                                         When there is a river - Compulsory swim in me undies

                                                            Millenium Bridge
                                                                   River walk and park

Podgorica exceeded expectations, but I had to look for the good bits. The river walk was pleasant and the swim most welcome 

No comments:

Post a Comment